CRRT with the new multiFiltratePRO
The multiFiltratePRO is a new-generation CRRT device that builds on the substantial experience with the multiFiltrate and the successfully established Ci-Ca® regional anticoagulation.
Thoughtfully designed, the multiFiltratePRO supports hospital staff in intensive care units through a multitude of features. It helps to effectively apply CRRT to patients with acute kidney injury while keeping the workload limited. Patients benefit from less bleeding, long filter running times and lower blood product requirements.1-4
Large and adjustable touch screen with status recognition light on top, visible from a distance
Dedicated citrate and calcium pumps for optimal citrate anticoagulation management
High-capacity scales for a robust and accurate balancing system; clear separation of fresh (at the top) and used fluids (at the bottom), easing hygienic operation
Heparin pump for all therapies
Four rotatable wheels with 2-stage locking system allow turning on the spot
Optical cassette detection
Air-free pressure measurement units
Blood and fluid pumps with automated insertion and ejection of all pump segments
Clamps for return as well as access bloodlines ensure emergency separation of patient and machine in case of system failures
Ergonomic handles at front and back for easier handling
Two highly effective integrated fluid heaters
Ergonomic design for secure and simple handling
Large and adjustable monitor for enhanced readability from various angles
- The easy-to-read touch screen monitor allows recognition of key information even from a distance.
- Rotation around the horizontal and vertical axes enables adjustment for different-sized users and to different relative positions of the device and user.
Intelligent coupling of all active pumps through a single user interface
- Infused volumes of citrate and calcium solutions are automatically balanced with the filtrate pump.
- If the blood flow is changed, the device automatically adjusts the citrate pump.
- If the filtrate flow is changed, the calcium pump is adjusted accordingly.
- The citrate infusion continues for a reliable, limited period of time throughout bag changes (dialysate, substituate, filtrate). This helps to avoid an early coagulation of the system.
Figure 6A: Ci-Ca® CVVHD / Ci-Ca® EMiC®2: Extracorporeal circuit with citrate anticogulation
Figure 6B: Ci-Ca® postCVVHDF: Extracorporeal circuit with citrate anticoagulation
- Long filter patency, predominantly reaching 72 h, reduces the number of kits required.3, 5, 6
- Filter changes are possible at convenient times, e.g. on Friday afternoon for low workload during the weekend (see fig. below).5
Schematic depiction of filter changes during CRRT treatment: heparin vs Ci-Ca® citrate anticoagulation
Fresenius Medical Care is the global leader in dialysis services and products. The highest medical standards are our benchmark.
multiIntenseCare by Fresenius Medical Care is a comprehensive concept for the supply of your ICU patients, combining products, therapy assistance, training and education, and service support.
Fresenius Medical Care was the first to offer a complete Ci-Ca® regional citrate anticoagulation. Ci-Ca® improves anticoagulation in CRRT and reduces the risk of bleeding complications.1–3
Our product design follows a holistic approach: CRRT monitors, haemofilters, tubing systems and fluids are designed for a well-concerted clinical application.
Bearing the clinical application in mind, Fresenius Medical Care goes beyond standard service and assists staff by providing complementary therapy information.
Besides direct training on products and their application, Fresenius Medical Care participates in numerous events for physicians and nurses each year. A number of these events are certified by regional medical associations, some of them qualifying for Continuing Medical Education credits (CME).
Intensive care units work 24/7 and CRRT can be required at any time. Through accurate device maintenance and quick repairs when needed, multiFiltratePRO is kept available to serve its purpose: delivering CRRT upon demand.